APARTMENTS

In a separate building next to our cottage, a Brabant long front farmhouse, is our guesthouse ’t Nagtegaeltje. Here are 2 completely separated apartments: the Molewey with a king-size bed and large bathroom, and the Bieswey twin beds and large terrace. Both apartments have a separate sleeping and sitting area, private sanitary facilities, a private entrance, TV, free WiFi, coffee / tea facilities and a kitchen.

We are located in the outskirts of Sint-Oedenrode in a very quiet rural and wooded area at approximately 5000 m2 of land with orchard, frog pool, vegetable garden and a large ornamental garden with various ponds and all kinds of native plants.
In short, a wonderful place to relax.

Smoking is not permitted at the entire property.

The MOLEWEY

Molewey bedroom

 

 

 

 

  • king-size bed
  • separate living area
  • large bathroom with rain shower without threshold
  • TV, free WiFi,
  • kitchen, free coffee and tea facilities
  • private entrance with possibility to store bicycles
  • private terrace facing south

you need to take into account we have rather low ceilings (1.95 m)

 

The BIESWEY

 

 

 

 

  • twin beds
  • separate living area
  • threshold-free bathroom with shower
  • TV, free WiFi
  • large outdoor terrace (north side) with adjacent garden and frog pool
  • “30s” kitchen, free coffee/tea facilities
  • private entrance with possibility to store bicycles

please bear in mind we have rather low ceilings (2m)

 

HISTORY

Our farm is one of the oldest in the hamlet of Vressel. At ancient house lists, habitation was already mentioned in 1736. Probibly, even before 1500, the old mansion Ter Molenstraete  was here.
In memory of earlier times, we therefore have the name ter Molenstraete at the front of our the cottage. In 1816, a notarial deed refers to “a house with adjacent land”. And at the first cadastral map anno 1832 you can see that there was a cottage here at that time.

The fact that people settled here a long time ago is most likely due to the river Dommel, located in the immediate vicinity. The current cottage has always been a small holding where farmers and clog makers used to live.  At the back of the garden there is still a shed where the clogs used to be made.

The place is no longer used as a farm.

The name of our guesthouse ’t Nagtegaeltje is derived from a plot of land which was owned by the people who lived here around 1800. At that time, plots of land had a name, a toponym. Other pieces of land that were owned at the time include the Molewey and the Bieswey, now the names of our apartments.